À La Carte

19 Sep

Yesterday I was invited by a friend to celebrate Rosh Hashanah at the Hebrew Congregation of Wichita synagogue. I’m Baptist so I didn’t know the slightest thing to wear to synagogue. I just kept it casual with a sweater and denim. Stripes are in this fall even though horizontal stripe makes YOU not me look fat. Howbeit, this wool sweater I got from the Gap’s women’s section last winter keeps the obese look to a minimum. It’s transparent so the outline of my a-shirt shows how small I am and the light vs dark color blocking helps deceive the eye. I like the pop of color for fall. I just added my most savored pair of dark denim by Paper Denim because we all know dark denim makes you look leaner. I topped off the look with my brand new pair of Brass Boots loafers.

P.S. I picked the wrong day to wear these loafers. I always seems to do the most walking in the wrong shoes and this wool/viscose/nylon/modal/acrylic and mohair sweater is the most itchy thing ever! Now I remember why I’ve only worn it twice.

Striped Sweater: The Gap $29.99
Paper Denim: Dillard’s $99
Loafers:Brass Boots $79
Accessories:MK Watch $250 MK Bracelet $85 and Silver Bracelet Dillard’s $10

About these ads

10 Responses to “À La Carte”

1. Fashion See Fashion Do September 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

I really think that sweater is perfect. I like guys in transparent tops. It would have been even better if you would’ve gone tankless.

• BougieHippie September 20, 2012 at 8:07 am #

I wish I had the confidence to go tank-less. Besides I would have been itching like a maniac.

2. Antonio Maurice Daniels September 20, 2012 at 1:54 am #

I love the sweater!

3. Fifth N Sixth closet September 20, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

This is a really cool look, Love everything – from the sweater to the loafers.

xx
    5th&6th

4. Simply Chic September 20, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

i like! and black and yellow is hard to pull off…

• BougieHippie September 21, 2012 at 10:18 am #

I know right?! I could have looked like a bumble bee lol. That’s why I did brown shoes & belt.

5. Ag October 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

I definitely like this ensemble. I understand you plight with Mohair sweaters that are itchy! And they always shed as well! I want a bright neon one at the moment from H&M but the shedding and itchy feeling are giving me second thoughts. As per this outfit! I love it, the loafers, the rolled up jeans! Everything! I love seeing stylish male bloggers!

• BougieHippie October 8, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

Thanks a million for stopping by. Usually when I wear this sweater i wear it over something. Since its getting cooler maybe you should still get you sweater and just put it over a crisp white oxford.