Top 10 Reasons You’re Still Fat

30 Jan

Good music is the key to great weight-loss:

Bionic (2010) I went from 185lbs to 175lbs
Hard Candy (2008) 175lbs to 165lbs
B’Day (2006) 190lbs to 150lbs

One month into the New Year and you’re still lugging around those same lbs from two Thanksgivings ago?

You’re fault!

Doing the same old thing will give you the same old result! It’s time to change it up a bit.

Lucky for you I have endless tips and tricks to help you actually fit into that size small top you’ve been squeezing into.

10 tips to torch last year’s fat.

1. Use Your Eyes to Read Not Eat. Reduce fat is NOT fat free, gluten free is NOT fat free and let your stomach dictate your servings not your eyes.
  2.  Eat like You Shop (Only Dummies Pay Retail.) Count calories, substitute and budget.
  3. Cut it Out! If I don’t need it I don’t eat it, I don’t miss it and I’m sure my waist don’t either.
  4. Change Your Tunes. I’m always updating my workout playlist and searching for new music I even share my playlist with friends. Once you become bored with your music you’ll become bored with your workout.
  5.  Shop for the gym too. I know me I like new things and will find any reason to dress up. Whether its cutting up an old tee or buying some cool new sweats or running sneaker, it’s the extra motivation I need to go to the gym and show them off.
  6. Burn What You Eat. After a big lunch (which rarely happens) I’m sure to burn what I consume plus more. You don’t lose weight only burning 400 calories when that frappuccino guzzled was 800 calories alone.
  7. Water! It’s your best ally in your fight against fat. It fills you up, speeds your metabolism and majority of the time you’re more thirsty than hungry.
  8. Fat Burning Don’t End in the Gym. Make your workout work for you. Park away from the door and walk, during commercials do some crunches or stretches and replace your desk chair with a stability ball to rid yourself of those love handles.
  9. Drop Dead Weight. No one really cares about your personal weight-loss struggles so of course your friends aren’t going to consider you when dinning out. It’s okay not to go or only do the food-less functions.
  10. Get a Schedule. I don’t eat before 7 a.m. or after 7p.m, Yoga in the morning, running in the afternoon and crunches before bed. I have a reminder in my phone, on my refrigerator and the bulletin board in my bedroom.

Fat free and sugar free isn’t always best; your body can’t process the chemical sweeteners and send the body into fat-storing mode. Not to mention you’re prone to eat more when it labeled ‘fat free’. A salad doesn’t need meat nor dressing, personally I use a mixture of lemon juice, vinegar and thyme. Also no side-orders or sodas and always go for the smallest ounce, it’s just you!

Now let’s make month two jiggle journey count.

About these ads

9 Responses to “Top 10 Reasons You’re Still Fat”

1. kristina January 30, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

great tips!! #2 is paramount! budget and swap – you can eat that piece of cake, but don’t eat dessert later on! thanks for the inspiration!!
    xoxo, kristina

2. sam January 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I LOVE THIS! It’s definitely keeping me inspired to keep up my healthy lifestyle/diet! :)

3. Nekiah January 30, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

Great tips!! WOW 190 to 150!! I think me and Bey bout to be besties!! LOL Kiah

4. Erin January 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

Oh my gosh! If only you lived on my shoulder, then maybe I could drop ten – but it’s my fault and it’s pretty much due to number three I’m afraid :) xo Erin

5. Antonio Maurice Daniels January 31, 2012 at 2:01 am #

Great tips! People have to understand that great health cannot simply end in the gym, but must be maintained in all spaces of their lives. If people will follow the tips provided in this post, they will achieve greater health and a greater body.

6. Cakes and Shakes... January 31, 2012 at 3:32 am #

This is a very timely post for me: usually in January I’m on a mission to begin the year by getting back into great shape, but I’ve had miserable headcolds and can’t get out to run: (
    So despite eating little, nothing has changed much. Hoping February will be better! Usually when I get down to it, it falls off pretty quick (like one month and I’m at goal weight) but it’s great to read a motivational post, I like your ‘take no prisoners’ attitude : )

7. fashionbyhehe January 31, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

great blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

Fashion by He

8. Ashley March 7, 2012 at 11:44 pm #

great tips!! Your so brutally honest, I love it!

9. Guo May 23, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Maybe it would help you if you didn’t look at things as diet foods . When you want to eat sohetming (which you should do often, like every 2-3 hours), think to yourself what benefit am I getting from this? So instead of thinking of things you CAN’T eat b/c you’re trying to firm up, try thinking of what you CAN eat to help you. What you do eat is much more important that what you don’t eat. And the little things do add up. For example try a small handful of nuts, but remember to get them without salt. No need for that extra sodium. And drink TONS of water. I know it sounds very cliche, but once you get into a habit of really staying hydrated, you realize how much better you feel. Oh, and fresh, raw veggies are great. Just remember, the more natural a food is, and the less processed, the better it is for you. Good luck friend!