The majority of my friends like to say I’m obsessive compulsive but I know I can’t be, thought I like things done in an orderly fashion I wait to the last possible minute to do it. Hey, it gets done!
At the being of the year I set a list of New Year’s Resolutions that consisted of:
- Learning the guitar (started lesson in August but lesson interfered with volunteering and my fingers started to get callus but I did learn 3 cords.)
- Start a blog (done!)
- Go on three trips (went on five.)
- Get down to at least 165lbs (get to it every month then gain back five)
- Perfect British accent (I’m literally failing.)
- Become fluent in Spanish (enrolled in a night Spanish class and now have a project due in a week that I have put off all semester.)
- Read 12 books (only read nine.)
- Start closet organization venture (did and doing well just need to re-work my business plan and pricing.)
- Buy a car (it’s like the chicken and the egg. I need a nine to five to qualify for a car loan but need a car to get to the nine to five.)
- Find a 9 to 5 that will let me dress how I want, use my brain and pay well enough (was hired for two but had to quit one due to not having a car to get back and forth in addition to all the other things I am committed to.)
- Stop multitasking humans (perfect example if I don’t organize it things won’t get done, if you want it done right do it yourself.)
- Pay off large bills (done!)
- Buy a new laptop (done, also bought a tablet and new camera.)
- Buy a bike (done!)
However, like the compulsive person I’m denying to be at the last minute I’ve added more things to the list. With trying to accomplish the rest of the things on the list I’ve added a few things for the month of December.
- I’ve started three 30 day diets I seen in Details magazine.
- Put up my Christmas tree.
- Do inspiration board for December.
- Write out X-mas list.
- Triple the amount of hits on Anorexic Escapades.
Come to think of it maybe I am a little bit compulsive. I am always challenging myself so; this list is the ultimate challenge of the month. My goal is to accomplish everything on the list as well as the ultimate challenge is to save. I bought a piggy bank that every time I want to go out, buy food, clothes and other miscellaneous things that don’t pertain to the list I will put that money into the bank, at the end of the month I will empty the bank, count the amount and deposited it into my savings account toward a down payment on a car.
I’ll keep my readers update on my progress.